Every time you purchase one of our retail products we plant a tree in developing countries.
Through our ongoing partnership with award-winning global tree planting organization Trees for the Future, we are planting trees in 19 developing countries throughout the world including Burundi, Uganda, Ghana and Tanzania. In Africa, agroforestry provides families with the education and tools to create their own tree nurseries. The profits allow them to support their basic needs, while also benefitting the environment and fighting deforestation.
In Kokerie, Tanzania, the agroforestry education allowed one family to start their own tree nursery, generating enough profit to maintain their daily needs and keep their two girls, Rosemary and Heavenlight, in school.
THE POWER OF A SINGLE TREE
• Produces approximately 260 pounds of oxygen per year
• Absorbs as much carbon in a year as a car produces driving 26,000 miles
• Helps lower air temperature and helps combat climate change
• Stabilizes the soil and prevents wind and soil erosion through its roots
• Contributes to the fertility of land through nitrogen fixation and increasing water penetration